POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray for Windows, version 3.5 RC2 expired early, and there is no replacement at the moment : Re: POV-Ray for Windows, version 3.5 RC2 expired early, and there is no replacement at the moment Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:15:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray for Windows, version 3.5 RC2 expired early, and there is no replacement at the moment
From: bob h
Date: 29 Apr 2002 02:26:48
Message: <3ccce7a8@news.povray.org>
"George Pantazopoulos" <the### [at] attbicom> wrote in message
> Youre a funny guy Chris ;-) Seriously though, I think it would be a good
> idea to be able to bypass the beta expiration window, after the user has
> been warned.

These betas aren't supposed to even exist after expiring though. What other
solution is there? By putting a message saying turn your PC's clock back?
Seems a bit ridiculous, especially since the arguable point here is that
this is only a beta. There shouldn't be any serious activity considered with
a beta program other than testing. I'm probably echoing that sentiment and
all this has probably been said before.

bob h